datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

apeksha munje
Participant

datastage

Post by apeksha munje »

Iam getting this error :
Transformer_89: Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "SRC_SYS_CD".
datastage
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Welcome to DSXchange, apeksha.

Your error message looks like you specified the column "SRC_SYS_CD" in your transform stage without using the input link name, i.e "DSLink32.SRC_SYS_CD". In several Stages the link name is not required, but in the transform stage it is a necessary component of the field name.

p.s. Next post you might try to chose a more descriptive text than "datastage" - perhaps "Problems in Transform stage" or "Error could not find input field" or something along those lines.
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

It's also possible that this is a runtime error (during job startup) indicating that the SRC_SYS_CD column does not exist in the input data. You should backtrack the job stages to determine if you may have inadvertently dropped the column in an earlier stage or job.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Can only see that happening if RCP is enabled otherwise it wouldn't compile. And if RCP is enabled and this is a runtime error, it's more because of a reference to SRC_SYS_CD when that field isn't in the source stream.
aartlett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by aartlett »

I've seen this a bit lately. When dropping columns in a stage the incremental complier will work (force compile doesn't) and job fails.

Also occurs if you have an output column in an SQL stage that does not have a matching select column from the SQL, especially user defined SQL. Happened a few times to me when I added a column to the lookup reference link but forgot the SQL was U/D not auto gen.
Andrew

Think outside the Datastage you work in.

There is no True Way, but there are true ways.