File created in server, needs to be read in parallel job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bakshdwh
Participant

File created in server, needs to be read in parallel job

Post by bakshdwh »

Hi
Im trying to read a file which was created as a part of a server version, and has to be read now in the parallel version.

At times i'm able to read the file, but when I run the job it gives me the below error.

For example:

Delimiter for field "MANDATE_INSTRUCTION" not found; input: {c7 e4 ca 20 e4 d5 c7 e4 cd 20 d4 d1 e3 c7 ca 20 d9 c8 cf c7 e4 e4 d7 ea e1 20 cc e5 ea e4 1 0 0 , 0 20 0 0 0 , 0 0 0}, at offset: 1468

there are around 91 fields in the file.
the format specified is
Final delimiter = end
delimiter = tab(the actual delimeter is comma)
null field value = \000
Quote = double

What i tried was -
1) tried changing the format(the one above)
2)when to table defn and did sync parallel
3) changed all the fields datatype to varchar

Thanks
CHeers
Baksh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The short answer is the same regardless of the source: make the Parallel format specification match the actual file. The fact that it was created by a Server job shouldn't really matter. First question would be about this:
delimiter = tab(the actual delimeter is comma)
Why not use the "actual delimiter"? Did you? It's hard to tell from your post and it is complaining about the delimiter, after all.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
prakashdasika
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prakashdasika »

Keep the delimiter to tab instead of comma and if the file is crated in UNIX, use unix new line format when reading the file. Similarly DOS format applies in windows environmnet
Prakash Dasika
ETL Consultant
Sydney
Australia
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

prakashdasika wrote:Keep the delimiter to tab instead of comma and if the file is crated in UNIX, use unix new line format when reading the file. Similarly DOS format applies in windows environmnet
if the actual delimiter was a comma why would tab be more appropriate?