Load multiple tables from Oracle to DB2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ITDW
Participant

Load multiple tables from Oracle to DB2

Post by ITDW »

Hi , I am new to data stage , I want to load the 360 tables from oracle to db2 tables in one or 2 jobs .please help me to design the Job .

Moderator: split from this post so you can have your own post / discussion / solution.
Karthik.M
Participant

Post by Karthik.M »

Create individual jobs for each table with Oracle Connector stage as source and DB2 Connector as target with valid configuration details for both Database stages.
Also a valid DSN or ODBC connection must be established by Datastage with both databases.
Karthik.M
Analyst
Infotrellis.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If there are no large objects (BLOB or CLOB), and provided that you are using DB2 Timestamp data type where Oracle has TIME, you will be able to do this with one or two jobs quite easily using Runtime Column Propagation.

Even if there are large objects it can be achieved with few jobs, but you have to generate SQL (in a sequence, probably) to convert the binary data into hex encoded when selecting and back again when inserting.

I have done this, except that the target was MySQL.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

I think the following link will help you

http://isecor.com/drupal6/node/163

Replace target by DB2 Stage
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I imagine they've solved this problem by now. :wink:
-craig