.rhost file location

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

karthi_gana wrote:main_program: Internal Error: (socket_ != -1): errlog\errorconfig.C: 1024
where are you getting this error? if you are getting this error while job execution then it has almost nothing to do with compiler.
karthi_gana then wrote:is there any changes need to be done above?
see above
karthi_gana finally wrote:PATH environment variable is empty in datastage administrator. Do I need to enter anything ?

what is the use of PATH ?
the use of PATH is the same as the same variable in operating system. You can add the additional folder paths related to datastage.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: .rhost file location

Post by chulett »

priyadarshikunal wrote:
chulett wrote:I'm not sure how far you are going to get past this:
karthi_gana wrote:I have installed datastage 7.5x2 on windows 7 ultimate OS.
That version is ancient and specifically architected to run on XP.
I do not think it was architected for XP. XP is for client but the server has to be Windows Server 2003, I think.
You are correct, I misspoke and should have simply said 'Windows'. I'm pretty sure you're right that at that point in time all that meant was Server 2003.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthi_gana »

priyadarshikunal wrote:
karthi_gana wrote:main_program: Internal Error: (socket_ != -1): errlog\errorconfig.C: 1024
where are you getting this error? if you are getting this error while job execution then it has almost nothing to do with compiler.
yes. once I execute the job, the job was failing with the above said error message.
Karthik