How to Ouput Reject Records from DB2 Connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to Ouput Reject Records from DB2 Connector

Post by hsahay »

I went through resolved topic How to Ouput Reject Records from DB2 Connector to Flat File.

I could be missing something but, I'm unable captute actual records except error code and/or error text either dataset ot file. I have RCP enabled in my job and in administartor.

Problem:
1. I have 10 records coming from source, 5 of them got inserted and 5 of them rejected, and I could see the count as 5 on reject link as per performance statistics, but unable to see the actual records in the dataset ot file. Also I don't see the 5 record count in the performance statistics in the link coming to db2 connector, although records got inserted.

2. Aslo 5 inserted records commit to db even though property in db2 connector set to autocommit off.

Any input on this greatly appreciated. Thanks.
vishal
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try capturing the reject records into a sequential file, and have a reject link on that stage too (to a separate text file).

Hitting the end of your data will cause DataStage to generate a COMMIT irrespective of the number of records sent to the database.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried having a reject link to the sequential file I'm trying to capture the reject records in to. I was unable the see the records except the error code which I have checked in the db2 connector stage. If I don't check either error code or error text, my view data is greyed out.
I want records with the data and the error code in to text file or data set. Any way would work for me.
vishal
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And do you have a reject link from the Sequential File stage also? You need to be able to handle the case that the data don't match the metadata.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

Yes.

Here is my design..

Source_DataSet-->Copy Stage-->DB2 Connector----RejectLink--->Sequential File---Reject Link---->Sequential File.

Thanks.
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

In the 'Reject" tab in the DB2 connector stage,
tick mark the all 4 options i.e. SQL error, Row not updated, ERRORCODE and ERRORTEXT. Then use a very large number like 100000000 in "Abort after (rows)" option.
I guess that'll be suffice.
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User