Requesting delayed metadata or Logging delayed metadata.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pimmit22043
Participant

Post by pimmit22043 »

Hi

I have started the job it is been running for quite some time.all the db stage showing me that record count but the job still is running.

is any of you getting this type message like

it is print for every stage looks like ..can anybody share the inf what does it really mean or doing.

Thanks
pK
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Does this thread apply to you?
sudhakar_viswa
Participant

Post by sudhakar_viswa »

Hi,

I think you did some changes at database and not fired the Commit Statement. Check this scenario...

Regards,
-- sudhakar
i need to know datastage
banactp
Participant

Post by banactp »

Anyone have anything more to add to this?

We are experiencing the same situation where a query in a SYBASE OCPX stage is hanging for hours at the "Logging delayed metadata" point. We have obtained the following results:

1. The query runs quickly when submitted via isql or DBArtisan.

2. The query runs quickly within DataStage when ran against a different Sybase instance.

3. The query hangs when ran from another DataStage server against the same database instance.

So it looks like we can't blame this on DataStage or Sybase alone. My guess is that some sort of communication hangup is occurring between the two, although no one can figure it out. Our DBA can see the query ran on the database, but that's as much visibility that she has. Our Datstage support group has monitored our jobs and can see that the query is being submitted, but then can only point to the database as the source of the problem.

Anyone know more about the communication protocol between DataStage and Sybase through the OCPX stage? Specifically, how do the two argee that a query is complete and an entire result set has been returned? Where could the process be hanging up? Any help will be greatly appreciated, as this has us all stumped...
bhs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bhs »

What is the root cause and resolution for this error?

Thanks,
BHS
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

bhs wrote:What is the root cause and resolution for this error?
Did you click on the link in Arnd's post? Did it apply to your issue? If not, let us know what situation / database you are seeing this with.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pnpmarques
Participant

Post by pnpmarques »

Hi everyone,
This is also happening with our job (DS8.1): Select from DB2 -> Transformer -> Insert with Oracle Connector.
It runs perfectly in DEV,TST and QLT environments, but in Production environment it takes too much time while waiting for log entry "main_program: Requesting delayed metadata.".
We already tried setting DS_NO_PROCESS_METADATA=1 at project level but it did not work.
One of the tests we made was pointing the DataStage jobs to QLT Oracle database, the result was good, the job runned in a few minutes. So, for now I am directing my investigation to what Oracle sessions in PRD environment may tell.
Meanwhile, if anyone has more inputs on this matter please post.
Thank you!