custom stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

custom stage

Post by SURA »

Hello All

I created couple of custom stage (Parallel stage Type (Custom) ) and it was working fine. I tried to change the default icon and passed my some other image. After that I am getting (40906) Unable to create the new object error.

Just I wish to know the reason for this error? Is anything else I need to consider.

Thanks in advance
DS User
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I think you'd better describe precisely how you went about trying to change the icon image. If that's the only change, then clearly that's the cause of your problem.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Yes Ray,

In the creater tab there are two options to choose the image and i choosed both the option to select the image and fails to keep the image in the proper size.

Let me know, this image will not allow the stage to work properly?

Meanwhile i will create a new custom stage with proper image size. Let see how this will go.

I do have one more question in this regards, will post it as a separate question.

Thanks
DS User
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Hi Ray

I given proper image size, but still I am getting the same error (40906) Unable to create the new object.

I changed the folder of the job for a custom stage which was working fine, then after also getting the same error (40906).

But I can able to access the code and do changes but not allowing me to use it as a stage!

Please guide me what else I need to consider to keep this stage working properly.

Thanks
DS User
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Hi Ray

Image was the issue. I created two images as per the prescribed size and loaded. Now it is working fine.

Thanks
DS User
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Excellent. Presumably whatever you tried earlier to "shrink" the image still did not result in an image of the correct size. Please mark this thread as Resolved.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Karthik.M
Participant

Custom Stage

Post by Karthik.M »

Can u please share the code u developed to create the custom stage. Was it developed for Unix environment?

Thanks,
Karthik
Karthik.M
Analyst
Infotrellis.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Custom Stage

Post by ray.wurlod »

Karthik.M wrote:Can u please share the code u developed to create the custom stage. Was it developed for Unix environment.
That's a totally unreasonable request on two counts. First, it was SURA, not U, who developed the custom stage and, second, it's probably implementing some task that is subject to a non-disclosure agreement between SURA and a client.