TimeStamp Conversion Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

TimeStamp Conversion Error

Post by synsog »

In DS8.5 version ; I am using SQL Enterprise Stage, where I defined a column as TimeStamp(29) and exntended property set to MicroSeconds. I am able to read the data from the table.

Recently upgraded to DS 8.7Version; I exported the job and tried to view the data but its throwing error as below;

No default type conversion from type "ustring[max=27]" to type "timestamp[microseconds]"

Are there any setting to do;

I know to use the convert() or read as Nvarchar option, but in 8.5 it was converted automatically, but in 8.7 it didn't , why So ?

Any help , appreciated ....
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: TimeStamp Conversion Error

Post by synsog »

Could any one help on this ? As I have around 650jobs where I need to use conversion functions to handle timestamp.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Your official support provider? Otherwise it seems to me that you'd need to wait for someone with both 8.7, SQL Server and extended timestamps experience to come along. I've got none of that, for example. :(
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Issue Resoved;

There is no issue with version of datastage; Here we need to define the DSN's properly. In MS SQL Server 2008, we need to uncheck option for "Perform Translation for Character Data"; This will handle the timestamp with micro-seconds;

We raised a PMR on this, still IBM is working from last 1 week. I hope they will see this post :lol:

Thanks,
Ravi