Db2 library could not be loaded

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

virupakshagm
Participant

Db2 library could not be loaded

Post by virupakshagm »

Hi,

I am unable to establish the connection of DB2 database from DB2 connector of DataStage.

I have given the Instance, database, user name and password as well.
When I do test the connection DataStage throws error message "Test Connection Failed" and "Db2 library could not be loaded"

I am able to connect DB2 database through Command line processor.

Please help out get this resolved.

Thanks,
Viru.
Last edited by virupakshagm on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I can not get my car to start.
Please help out get this resolved.

Clearly you have not provided nearly enough information, and no-one here is going to waste time guessing what you might have done.

Specify how you have configured DB2 connectivity, and how you have set the properties in the stage.

Usually, when a library can not be loaded, it's a problem either in the shared library search path or in the permissions on the library itself.

Have you bothered to Search DSXchange in case someone has already encountered and solved this particular problem?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
virupakshagm
Participant

Post by virupakshagm »

This is solved!!!!!!!!!

The issue is we have to do DB2 catalog command