Teradata Connector issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Himani
Premium Member
Premium Member

Teradata Connector issue

Post by Himani »

Hi,

I am trying to use teradata connector stage for bulk operations and getting the following error

Teradata_Connector_3,0: RDBMS code 293: PXOPL_Open: dlopen error: Could not load module .
System error: No such file or directory SQL statement: INSERT INTO EIS_VMD.TESTCON(first_col,sec_col,third_col) VALUES(:first_col,:sec_col,:third_col) (CC_TeraParallelTransporter::initiate, file CC_TeraParallelTransporter.cpp, line 1269)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Himani
kwwilliams
Participant

Re: Teradata Connector issue

Post by kwwilliams »

I don't think that you have all of the necesarry environment varaibles in place: $TWB_ROOT, $NLSPATH, $LANG
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Hi

Ask your Teradata DBA to check all the module has been installed on Datastage server.

Can you please let us know about Teradata version?

Man
Himani
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Himani »

We are using Teradata 13

Thanks,
Himani
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Then you have to talk to DBA. After Teradata 12 version lot of option it wont work in TD connector stage..

And also try to connect outside from datastage . from Datastage server to Database server.

Thanks
Man
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

the compiler is also a factor (it was in our shop). The modules that are deployed to your servers need to be compiled properly on your system. I do not have all of those details, but it was a roadblock for us. Just putting my two cents into the pot.
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

I'M using td13 with the teradata connector. Can you confirm that twb_root, nlspath, and lang are present in your dsenv or as project environment variables. These are requirements for batch teradata connector to work.
Himani
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Himani »

Here are the Libraries we have in our dsenv file for Teradata

Teradata
export LIBPATH=/usr/lib/lib_64:/opt/teradata/client/13.0/odbc_64/lib:/opt/teradata/client/13.0/tbuild/lib64:$LIBPATH
export TD32_LIBPATH=/opt/teradata/client/13.0/tdicu/lib:/opt/teradata/client/13.0/lib
export ODBC_HOME=/opt/teradata/client/13.0/odbc_64
export TD_ICU_DATA=/opt/teradata/client/13.0/tdicu/lib
export COPLIB=/opt/teradata/client/13.0/lib
export COPERR=/opt/teradata/client/13.0/lib

it includes TWB_ROOT=/opt/teradata/client/13.0/tbuild path also

NLSPATH=/opt/teradata/client/13.0/odbc_32/msg/%N:/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N:/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat

LANG=C
Thanks,
Himani
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

What is LANG=C? LANG is supposed to equal something like en_US.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

I'm just looking at the teradata connector documentation and it's not listing c as an option, it may be one but it's not somethign I readily see and not sure if it will work.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can't say. From what I understand it is basically equivalent to "en-US" and mine is set the exact same way (LANG=C) on a (non-DataStage) Sun system. For whatever that is worth.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

Googling, I see references to this in the teradata forums with no resolution. Just to make sure add the $NLSPATH and LANG as environment variables to your project. If it doesn't work remove them.

NLSPATH=/opt/teradata/client/13.0/tbuild/msg/%N
LANG=en_US

My client had an NLSPATH that looked liek the one you cited and it did not work. The documentation says it should be set in dsenv as NLSPATH=$TWB_ROOT/msg/%N. I had to override the one from the profile to make the connector work.

Keeps us informed, curious to know what you find.
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

We are also using Teradata 13.10.

If I remember correctly, when we installed Teradata we actually copied the entries added by teradata install in /etc/profile to the dsenv and commented out these entries in /etc/profile file. The entries in red are the entries we commented out in /etc/profile and we kept MANPATH entries.

Hope this helps.

TD_ICU_DATA=/opt/teradata/client/13.10/tdicu/lib; export TD_ICU_DATA # Added by tdicu 13.10 package
MANPATH=/usr/share/man:/opt/teradata/teradata/client/13.10/odbc_32/help/man:$MANPATH; export MANPATH #Added by ODBC13.10 Package

NLSPATH=/opt/teradata/teradata/client/13.10/odbc_32/msg/%N:$NLSPATH; export NLSPATH #Added by ODBC13.10 Package

COPLIB=/opt/teradata/client/13.10/lib; export COPLIB # Added by cliv2 13.10 package

COPERR=/opt/teradata/client/13.10/lib; export COPERR # Added by cliv2 13.10 package
Himani
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Himani »

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your suggestion. We applied the settings you suggested
NLSPATH=/opt/teradata/client/13.0/tbuild/msg/%N
LANG=en_US

Now TD connector is working.

Again, Thanks for your help
Himani