calling external oracle function from datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bobbysridhar
Premium Member
Premium Member

calling external oracle function from datastage

Post by bobbysridhar »

Hi,
I am using datastage EE 8.5. I want to import external function (which is oracle) into datastage. But external function import option is disabled. Could somebody tell me if there is any other way to import or call external fucntion from oracle to datastage.
k.v.sreedhar
chrisjones
Participant

Re: calling external oracle function from datastage

Post by chrisjones »

instead of importing external function , why don't you call the function from Oracle Connector Stage directly?

You can call Oracle functions from Oracle Connector Stage and also you can pass the parametes while calling

example:fnc_max_payee_seq_no is the oracle function below , this function is called during run time and get the max payee_seq_no

fnc_payee_seq_no(a.ACCOUNT_CODE,a.PAYEE_SEQ_NO) as payee_seq_no
Thanks,
Chris Jones
bobbysridhar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobbysridhar »

Can you please tell me how to call function in OCI stage. using select or something else. if using select please provide me the syntax with example
k.v.sreedhar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A stored function is selected in a query just like a table column and DataStage doesn't change how any of that works. For your particular function, get whatever syntax you need from whomever you work with, your DBA for instance.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers