Error while passing SQL as a parameter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sreelalpp
Participant

Error while passing SQL as a parameter

Post by sreelalpp »

Hello,

I am facing an error with a Datastage 8.5 Parallel Job. I have a job that reads from a mainframe DB2 Table (Using DB2 Connector) and writing into a Teradata Table( Using TD Connector).

The job is running fine when I keep the SQL Statement (that reads from the source table) in the DB2 Connector Stage.

But when i make the same SQL as a parameter and assign the parameter name in the DB2 Connector, the job is aborting. It looks like the DB2 connector is not able to import the metadata of the source table.

In my job RCP is enabled and no column names are mentioned.

Please share your thoughts on the situation. Is there any limit in the number of charactors allowed in a parameter value ? my SQL has 400 Charactors in it.

thanks for your help

Sree
lal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why is it aborting when you use a parameter? Does the sql include quotes and does it look like the quotes are being stripped out? If so, there's an APT environment variable that may help...

ps. While I'm sure there's a limit, 400 wouldn't be anywhere near it, so the size should be a non-issue.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sreelalpp
Participant

Post by sreelalpp »

Thanks chulett,

I guess the quotes are the problem. I have a field hard coded in the SQL.

May i know the APT variable i should use ?

thanks
Sree
lal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't have access to my notes right now, let me see... one sec... here, this should help: viewtopic.php?t=145303
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers