DTS stage error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sheema
Premium Member
Premium Member

DTS stage error

Post by sheema »

Hi,

I am trying to use DTS stage to load data into oracle table while reading messages through MQ Connector stage.
Below is my job design

MQ Connector---->XML Stage---->DTS stage

In DTS stage i am using oracle connector and specified a work queue , In MQ I am using MQ read mode as 'Move to work queue' and Work Queue name has ben specified.
I am able to compile the job successfully and when i run the job all the messages from the actual queue are being moved to work queue, but nothing is being inserted into oracle table and the job fails with below error

Distributed_Transaction_Test,0: Failed to open MQ server library, dlopen() method call failed with error code: 2, error message: 'No such file or directory'

Can some one please help with out with this error message.
Thanks

Sheema
kwwilliams
Participant

Re: DTS stage error

Post by kwwilliams »

Is this the first time that this DataStage server and the queue manager have been used for XA processing?
mobashshar
Participant

Post by mobashshar »

What about WSMQ.MSGID field? Are you using this field from Source and moving it to target in DTS?
sheema
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sheema »

We have used data stage and MQ combination by reading messages from queue and directly loading them into Oracle by using oracle entrprise stage.
And that job is running fine with out issues. But i saw that DTS is the way to go when we are reading from MQ,so i am trying to use DTS stage.

I am using this field WSMQ.MSGID from Source and moving it to target in DTS stage.
Thanks

Sheema
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

XA transactions take a little bit of set up to get working. First, MQ Server must be installed on the DataStage box. If it is, then I'm guessing that you missed the setup of the Oracle switch file and definition of the XA resource manager in the queue manager. Here is the documentation on how to set it up for Oracle:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... 1650037E19
sheema
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sheema »

Thank you. We will have this set up and try running the job again.
Thanks

Sheema