Trouble with server shared containers

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ravindras83
Participant

Trouble with server shared containers

Post by ravindras83 »

Hi All,

We have a routine to find out the record counts on input, output and reject links. These counts are populated in to a Log table for every run.

The routine uses DSGetLinkInfo function to fetch the counts. It used to work fine until now. Job name, stage names and link names are passed as arguments.

Now we have change in the job, instead of input stage we have a server shared container as input.

Routine now fails saying that stage name not present for SSC stage.
We are passing the correct stage name but it does not recognize it.

I checked DSGetStageList function it displays the SSC stage name as it is present in the job.

What is the reason stage name is not recognized by the DSGetLinkInfo function?

For the moment we are using DSGetStageInfo function on the next stage to get the input count.

Thanks
ravindras83
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I think of the container as a place holder where the actual stages get plugged in at compile time (like an include file in programming), so I would not try passing a container name to the API function you mentioned. Instead go with a stage name from inside the container, just as it sounds like you have found to work. Maybe someone else knows for sure.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ravindras83
Participant

Post by ravindras83 »

thanks eric i thought the same and tried using the stage name within the shared container but DSGetLinkInfo does not recognize it either.

That is why i used DSGetStageList to get name of all stages in the job and it gives the name of SSC stage in the list
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I think it should not give the SSC stage name in the list at all. It should give the stages names that are defined within the SSC instead. Those may be prefixed with the SSC stage name and a period.

I took a look at your scenario by using the dsjob command, one with the -lstages option and another with the -llinks option. I did not see the SSC stage name in the list by itself which is expected. I did see stage names from within the SSC listed, such as MySSC.Transformer, etc. I did not however see the very first stage from within the SSC listed. So that was a surprise. Not sure, but maybe it's a bug.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius