Configuration needed to add DB2 database information

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abhik05
Participant

Configuration needed to add DB2 database information

Post by abhik05 »

I have installed datastage version 8.1 on AIX server successfully.We have recently added one new db2 database instance to be used in parallel jobs as source and target stages.I have modified the dsenv file to add db2 credentials and restarted ds engine successfully.Below are the db2 entries given in dsenv file.
DB2DIR=/opt/IBM/db2/V9
export DB2DIR

DB2INSTANCE=db2inst2
export DB2INSTANCE

INSTHOME=/export/home/db2inst2
export INSTHOME

PATH=$PATH:$INSTHOME/sqllib/bin:$INSTHOME/sqllib/adm:$INSTHOME/sqllib/misc
export PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$INSTHOME/sqllib/lib export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

THREADS_FLAG=native export THREADS_FLAG

But we are still facing the below mentioned error in job like:
"The Stagetype 'DB2ConnectorPX' cannot be found in the repository'.

Please help me to resolve this.

Thanks
Abhik
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

First of all check whether you are able to connect to your DB2 database from datastage server by using command line.

If yes, then make sure to update db2nodes.cfg file on your datastage server with appropriate DB2 database details.
Arvind
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Configuration needed to add DB2 database information

Post by qt_ky »

abhik05 wrote:"The Stagetype 'DB2ConnectorPX' cannot be found in the repository'
That error is unrelated to your DB2 software and dsenv changes. You should be able to add that stage type into any job whether or not the server is configured with DB2 Connectivity. Try adding a variety of other stage types to see how widespread that problem is. Contact support about it.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
abhik05
Participant

Post by abhik05 »

Thanks for reply.

@arvind
I am able to connect to DB2 database from datastage server by using command line successfully.

@qt_ky
I am able to develop job with other basic stages and can run them successfully too.I am facing error in job having db2 connector stages.

Do I need to make any changes to configuration file for the new db2 instance?

Thanks
Abhik.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

That error is still unrelated to your DB2 software and dsenv changes.

You should still contact support about it, unless you want to delete the stage type definition and rebuild it in each project on your own. Sounds like it's corrupted.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius