ds_ipcgetnext() timeout waiting for mutex

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rohitagarwal15
Participant

Post by rohitagarwal15 »

kandyshandy wrote:Rohit, Even if you revert those 2 things(Admin setting & Env. parameter), your job should run fine sometimes and abort sometimes. That's why i asked you initially whether you face this error during your rerun. Check IBM site if this is an known issue.
Thanks kandy for your advise.
I search resolution for this error and found these recommendations of changing enviroment variables, but after changing them, sometimes we face same issue again.
Also i tried to rerun the job after reverting that settings but the job aborted again.
Not able to find root cause for this.
Rohit
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Check with IBM on this. I remember we fixed this issue in our environment after contacting IBM.
Kandy

Post by rohitagarwal15 »

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions..

Finally i raised a PMR and customer support team told us that in my that particular job where i am getting this error i need to enable bufferring for some particular transformer stages as rows are not getting passed fast enough in one of link.

I have doen the changes and till now we have not faced this issue again.
Rohit
Alma1
Participant

Post by Alma1 »

Hi,
can you tell me please what IBM said to you to set
"maximum memory buffer size"
"buffer free run"
Queue uppper bound size"
"disk write increment"?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Best to start a new post detailing your issue, this rather than jumping on the end of one from five years ago.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers