Oracle Connector stage direct to Oracle Target Ent Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Connector stage direct to Oracle Target Ent Stage

Post by mandyli »

Hi

One of my job I am loading data from ODS source to Target Staging table with Truncate Load option.

1st Job I have created oracle Connector Stage with very big user defined query and then Transformer stage and load into final Target ORACLE Enterprise stage.

Oracle Connector stage --> Transformer Stage --> Oracle Enterprise Stage.

This job works fine.

Job2: I have removed Transformer stage directly connected to oracle Connector stage to Oracle Enterprise stage.

Oracle Connector stage --> Oracle Enterprise stage.

The job 2 is running but it is not reading any row.

I hope we have to use one active stage between any two passive stages.

Thanks
Man
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I found many years ago when truncating/loading into Oracle, it performs significantly better to fully land the data locally to disk in a first job, and perform the truncate/load separately in a second job. Try breaking your job into two, using a Data Set stage as job1 target and job2 source. If you're not needing any Transformer stage functionality then leave it out.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Since it sounds like you're moving data Oracle to Oracle without any transformations, another option is to setup, or have your DBA setup, an Oracle database link and move your large SQL outside of DataStage.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Man, How soon the job1 completed & how long you waited for Job2 to see that it is not reading any records? Both should run fine. Let Job2 to run for sometime and see if at all it processed some records.
Kandy
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Yes.

I used copy stage between source and target and it works fine.

Thanks
Man