.html file creation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

.html file creation

Post by synsog »

Hello,

I was trying to create a .html file in datastage. Structure of the file contains two columns. When i generate the file in .html and move the file from Unix to windows i was not able to get the output in a tabular form. Its coming as a line. Please can anybody help me on this. Thanks in advance.....
Last edited by synsog on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

Are you meaning in an html table so that it appears correctly within a web browser? If so, then you need to make sure that you include properly-formatted HTML language elements in your file so that it is properly viewed in a tabular format within a browser.

If you don't know HTML, you can search in Google for online references and training.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

So u meant to say i can use HTML coding in datastage..? Sorry i didnt understand can you please shed some light on this.....
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

No, U (one of the forum members) did not say anything in this thread. The proper spelling to use is 'you', not u. We're not texting here...

DataStage does not directly support HTML file creation. You will need to manually generate the proper HTML language elements (containing your data) to meet the requirements you have so far described: 2 columns in a tabular format. HOW you create those elements is up to you.

1) You could create them within a transformer
2) You could create an external script/program which creates all that for you and places your data into the proper HTML elements

Question 1: Does your html file need to include all of the standard HTML elements of a web page, does it simply need to contain an HTML table definition with your data, or do you simply need to name the file with the .html extension? Do your business rules (job specifications) state which it is? If not, you should ask for clarification.

Question 2: If the file needs to contain proper HTML formatting, do you know/understand the HTML language? If not, you should educate yourself or find someone on your team that does for assistance.

Question 3: What does your output file currently look like?

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You might also consider changing the Sequential File stage to use DOS style record delimiter string.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

We want to make sure you understand that simply writing to a file with an extension of ".html" does not get you an HTML file, there's more to it than that. And with no such thing as an HTML Output stage, you have to do all of the heavy lifting yourself inside the job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers