Issue with ODBC stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajudx
Participant

Issue with ODBC stage

Post by rajudx »

We are processing 5 million records into SQL server database through ODBC stage with append option and it's taking more than 5 hrs to load data the data.
Insert array size and isolation columns has not been configured on ODBC stage and target table having some hundreds millions records.
When processing 5 million records with upset option in ODBC stage that job taking 3 hrs to load the data. is there any way something can tune with append option in ODBC stage to load data in very fast manner

Thanks,
Raju
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That would be a 'bulk load'... and as far as I know, that would require you to build a load-ready file and transfer it to the SQL Server box, then trigger whatever passes for a bulk load in SQL Server.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Upgrade the DataDirect ODBC drivers to get SQL Server bulk load from DataStage.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
rajudx
Participant

Post by rajudx »

Please let me know which version of ODBC drivers need to update and if will update drivers there will be any improvement on job performance.
Ran
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Contact IBM and request the DataDirect version 6.1 ODBC drivers. If you switch to a bulk load, then you should certainly expect a performance improvement.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can download these drivers directly from Fix Central.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Jayanto
Participant

Post by Jayanto »

Post downloading the Fix, what should be the next course of action...??
The file I downloaded is 'HPia64-odbc61-20111019.tar.Z' . Should the same be pasted under the branded_odbc directory, after Unzipping and Untarring ??
What changes should be carried out for the existing DSN's ??
Regards,
Jayanto
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Rename the old branded_odbc folder and unzip,untar,extract the new ones into branded_odbc new folder.Change the .odbc.ini file to update the DSN stuff with new driver locations.
Arvind
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Jayanto wrote:Post downloading the Fix, what should be the next course of action...??
Read the readme file that accompanies the fix.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.