Compress multiple XML's to one XML and get byte offsets

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chetan.c
Participant

Compress multiple XML's to one XML and get byte offsets

Post by chetan.c »

Hi,

I have multiple XML's coming in after some parsing through Java Transformer.
I have to create a large XML out of these and get byte size of each XML and also get byte offset of each XML in the large XML.

This larger XML has to be compressed and stored.

Can i do this in Datastage .I'm on 8.7 parallel.

Thanks,
Chetan
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

You can...but you have a lot of work to do and to research about your document....

Some document structures are so primitive that you can just "paste" them together one after the other....

Others have deep internal structure and will require massive amounts of inspection and parsing.

Open them and look at their structures...determine what makes them unique...determine whether they have to be deeply intermingled (perhaps similar keyed nodes have to belong with other similarly keyed nodes in entirely different documents) or if the 100th incoming document needs to be appended directly after the 31st)....those are the kinds of issues that will determine the complexity of the exercise, and whether it is merely a phsysical project (append them) or a deep parsing and re-building exercise.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>