Unable to compile Datastage Parallel jobs with transformers

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagenewbie
Participant

Unable to compile Datastage Parallel jobs with transformers

Post by datastagenewbie »

Hi , I am unable to compile jobs with transformers. below is from the compilation output. Thanks in advance.

##W IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00049 18:12:06(000) <main_program> Parameter specified but not used in flow: DSPXWorkingDir
##E IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00076 18:12:09(000) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 40,192.
##E IIS-DSEE-TFSR-00019 18:12:09(001) <main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
##W IIS-DSEE-TFTM-00012 18:12:09(002) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0" is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##I IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00000 18:12:09(003) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: E:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/include\exception(85) : warning C4985: 'strcpy_s': attributes not present on previous declaration.
C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/include\string.h(90) : see declaration of 'strcpy_s'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First off, there are a ton of existing posts for this general problem, did you try searching at all?

Secondly, it is important to understand that you need a supported C++ compiler installed on the DataStage server in order to compile PX jobs with transformers and that it needs to be properly configured. Do you? Is it? We need that information first before anyone can take it any further.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
datastagenewbie
Participant

Yes, chulett, I did search existing posts..they all said to check the compiler...and I have checked it and everything is set up correctly.
Opened a service ticket already, they were not able to figure it out yet, so thought will try it here again.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK... that would have all been good information to include in your original post rather than make me ask it and then rate my response as "Off-topic/Superflous". :evil:

Are you certain it is setup correctly? Can you share your related DS environment variable settings for the compiler and linker? It would also be good to mention what exact compiler you have installed rather than making us guess.
-craig

datastagenewbie
Participant

Thanks for your response. Yes I should have included all the information in my original post. Sorry.
all settings seemed to be correct from what i see. I must have missed something that is why I am getting an error. Not sure what I missed checking.

Here are environment variables:
APT_COMPILEOPT = -W/TP -W/EHa -DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c -W/Zc:wchar_t-
APT_COMPILER=cxx
APT_LINKER=cxx
APT_LINKOPT=-s -W/dll -W/base:0x50000000 -W/Zc:wchar_t-

It's on Windows operating system.
and compiler is VisualStudio
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What version of VisualStudio? And what version of Windows?
-craig

datastagenewbie
Participant

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition C++:
Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2
Last edited by datastagenewbie on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.