DB2 Connector Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abhilashnair
Participant

DB2 Connector Stage

Post by abhilashnair »

We have DataStage 8.5 installed with a dedicated Engine Server topology.
There is no DB2 installed on the engine machine. The Metadata repository and WAS together reside on an alternate machine. This has DB2 9.5 installed for xmeta.

if i need to use DB2 connector stage, will I need to install DB2 on Engine Server? If yes, then should I install server or client? And are they available to download on IBM site. We need it for AIX 6.1
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I thought Information Server 8.5 shipped with DB2 9.7 so you may want to double check the DB2 version and make sure your version is supported.

If you were to need DB2 software on the Engine tier, then you would only need the DB2 Client, however I think the connectivity will be taken care of by the other server you have (thinking of Connector stages). You can test it as is.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Information Server 8.5 can run with DB2 9.5 or 9.7.

What DB2 software you will need on the engine tier will depend on what you want to do but, in general, the client software is required. You may also need DB2 Connect.

As noted, you may well have the client available from your services tier. But, yes, DB2 software is available for download from IBM.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abhilashnair
Participant

Post by abhilashnair »

I installed DB2 client v9.7 on the engine machine and now able to use DB2 connector stage. However when I do a view data it says cannot load library. However job runs successfully. I have added the required entries in the dsenv file and also set LIBPATH
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I would guess you have not restarted all the server processes yet, including the DataStage Engine and the Node Agents, or your LIBPATH is not fully correct, or other DB2-related environment variables in dsenv, or you have a permissions problem on the related files.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius