Routine Function

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: Oracle, please learn how to post without quoting everything all the time. Use the Reply to topic link unless you actually have a need to quote something.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
oracle
Participant

Post by oracle »

Hi All,

I have written C++ program to develop paralllel routinee.I would like to know we do i have to place the c++ program and command to compile the parallel routinee.Can you please help me ?

Regards
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilHibbs »

I have created a very similar routine which searches for the first character that is in a set of characters, so you pass "0123456789" and it returns the position of the first numeric. It's here, or search for pxStrFirstCharList. Compilation and installation instructions are included, which you will need to adjust according to your Administrator project settings for your compiler.

Where you place the C++ program is up to your DataStage server admin. It could be your home directory, a generic scratch directory, or a directory created for the purpose of compiling Parallel Routines. The command to compile it is found in DataStage Administrator, look for Properties->Environment->Parallel->Compiler. For example, mine is this:
g++ -O -fPIC -Wno-deprecated -c

Once you have compiled it, I put the .o file in the `cat /.dshome`/../PXEngine/lib directory, but you have to fully specify the path in the Parallel Routine dialog, e.g. /software/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/lib/filename.o
Last edited by PhilHibbs on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant