DTS Stage truncating SQL Reject message in RejectQ

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mobashshar
Participant

DTS Stage truncating SQL Reject message in RejectQ

Post by mobashshar »

Hi,
I am using DTS Stage to Insert/Delete in DB2. All the settings are correct in DTS such as Reject Failing Units = Yes and Prepend Rejects = Yes.
When the row is rejected because of SQL error in DB2 like -803, the the DTS is not writing the full message in RejectQ. Its truncating the SQL error message.

The message in RejectQ is like this: ERR_MSG: S Q L E x e c u t e r e p o r t e d : S Q L S T A T E = 2 3 5 0 5 : N a t i v e E r r o r C o d e = - 8 0 3 : M s g = [ I B M ] [ C L I D r i v e r ] [ D B 2 / A I X 6 4 ] S Q L 0 8 0 3 N O n e o r m o r e v a l u e s i n t h e I N S E R T s t a t e m e n t , U P D A T E s t a t e m e n t , o r f o r e i g n k e y u p d a t e c a u s e d b y a D E L E T E s t a t e m e n t a r e n o t v a l i d b e c a u s

Am I missing something? I also increased the RejectQ length but getting the same result. Is there any APT parameter I have to set to get the whole SQL Error message written in the Q?

Please advise.
mobashshar
Participant

Post by mobashshar »

One thing I missed to mention.. DTS is writing message of length 615 only even after I increased the size of Q to 1 mb.
mobashshar
Participant

Post by mobashshar »

DS Realtime Gurus.....
Please help
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No clue. Contact your official support provider.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: DTS Stage truncating SQL Reject message in RejectQ

Post by SURA »

This table having index ?

DS User
mobashshar
Participant

Post by mobashshar »

Hi Sura,
What do you mean? Please elaborate.
Thanks
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

One of the cause is, when you insert a duplicate records in to a table where the table is having unique index.

It may not be the case for you, hence it is the reject link. Still i wish to know that.

Thanks

DS User
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't think they have an issue with the message itself, meaning they know why it was thrown. The question is why is the message strangely formatted with an extra space between each and every character? That doubles the length of the string needed and (apparently) cuts it off.

I'd still suggest you open a support case.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I would agree.....there's more than just truncation going on here.
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
mobashshar
Participant

Post by mobashshar »

Hi Ernie, Criag and Sura,
Thanks a lot for your replies. I am going to open a pmr today. It seems that I can view the whole message (formatted correctly) in DS Director Log but when DS Writes the RejectQ, its messing and missing the error log.
Thanks again.
Mobashshar