Losing the compiled status from a compiled job.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

soportesis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Losing the compiled status from a compiled job.

Post by soportesis »

Hello,

I have a parallel job that has running OK many times but, now it appear in a Not Compiled status. It's into a protected project and nobody hasn't imported nor modified this job recently. It is not enough compiling newly the job. I have to make a copy from the original job and compile it. But this is not easy because is a productive environment.

I have had this problem in other times and I have resolved it making the copy from a original job. But I can't compiling the jobs in production environment due to the politics from my organization.

Somebody knows how can I prevent this problem?
kwwilliams
Participant

Re: Losing the compiled status from a compiled job.

Post by kwwilliams »

I have only seen this problem when people attempt to import into a protected project. You need to verify that no one is doing this.

Otherwise import the executable from another environment or source control. You shouldn't compile in that environment. It's too cumbersome.
soportesis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by soportesis »

I don't think anyone has attempted to import the job over the protected project because Isn't easy to do it on the production environment. Furthermore, there are 85330 entries for the job's log. In fact, I don't understand why is happening this because the project has configured Auto-purge action up to previous 2 job runs.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Auto-purge is not triggered if the job fails. Auto-purge is only triggered if the job status is "Finished" or "Finished (see log)".

If you're an Administrator you could temporarily unprotect the project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DataStage_Sterling
Participant

Post by DataStage_Sterling »

There were two instances (not an exhaustive list. Check similar topics in this forum) in which the jobs compile, however they show as Not Compiled in Director

1. We are using User defined admin env variables so that they can be changed when the jobs are moved across environments. We are also including them in a parameter set so that we have a single list of all the variables. When the user defined admin env variable and the corresponding paramter included in parameter set varaible are defined as $PROJDEF, this scenario occurs. Do not leave env variable as $PROJDEF in admin env variables.
2. When a parameter set included in the sequence job (that is called by another sequence job) does not have a value. It should be "as predefined" in our project.

Thanks
SB