dataset column order

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pdv
Premium Member
Premium Member

dataset column order

Post by pdv »

Hi All,

could you please help me to get clarify on below.

My requirement as below.

i want to create the sequential file as same as my dataset column order.

Ex:
dataset meta data as below.
1. no
2. name
3. address
4. address2

i have created the sequential file using the above dataset, the sequential file has created as below column order.
1. address
2. address2
3. no
4. name

May I know how this process happening for dataset and is it possible to create sequential filename as same as dataset column order.
Vino
dsusersaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: dataset column order

Post by dsusersaj »

Are you using a transformer stage to map dataset to sequential file?.
If so , give the exact column names in the right hand side as in the left hand side.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Data Sets share with database tables the property that the order in which columns are stored is not under control of the user. It's not relevant to the user. You can use a Copy stage or a Transformer stage or a Modify stage to change the order of columns. Copy stage requires the fewest resources of these stage types.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pdv
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pdv »

Thank you so much for your reply.

As i need to create 100 files like this, i have used runtime column propagation concept to create the sequential file.

now i have created the sequential file from table by runtime column propagation concept.

Thank you.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

If using RCP , then you can't control it. But you can write the file with the column header and then try to use it.

DS User
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If it's that important, create the 100 jobs. You should be able to knock them all over in a single day if the table definitions have been imported already.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.