ODBC Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sekaran12
Participant

ODBC Stage

Post by sekaran12 »

Hi,

I have used taget stage as ODBC. Job design as below

Dataset - Transformer - ODBC stage.

Target DB is Mainframe DB2.

Problem:

Actaully target table is in Copy Pending state. Job runs fine without any error msg.But no rows inserted and updated in the table.

My question is why ODBC does not throw any error. We i try to insert rows manually i got below error

SQL0904N Unsuccessful execution caused by an unavailable resource. Reason code: "00C90097", type of resource: "00000200", and resource name: "DTW5T003.RTW5W00

Could you please tell me reason why ODBC stage does not throw any error.

Thanks,
Raj
Raj
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

Did You use that same ODBC-Connection from the same server to do the manual insert?

Otherwise double-check ODBC.ini for correct settings. Maybe You are writing to different targets.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
sekaran12
Participant

Post by sekaran12 »

Hi,

I connected to DB2 using command editor and run the insert query manaully. The settings are fine in ODBC. ini file.
Raj
sekaran12
Participant

Post by sekaran12 »

Hi,

Today i tested again with ODBC with follwing properties,

Load options:

1) Insert only :

The job got failed with below error

"APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0652W The execution of the query will not be atomic because the database server does not support atomic operations for non-insert queries. SQLSTATE=xxxxx"

2) Update only:

The job got failed with below error

"APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0652W The execution of the query will not be atomic because the database server does not support atomic operations for non-insert queries. SQLSTATE=xxxxx"

3) Insert then Update :

Job Ran successfully with below fatal error

"APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0904N Unsuccessful execution caused by an unavailable resource. Reason code: "00C90097", type of resource: "00000200", and resource name: "DTW5T003.RTW5W00". SQLSTATE=570"

My question is why job not get failed in option 3
Raj