db2 enterprise stage is not working in windows env.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Try using the DB2 Connector stage instead of the deprecated Enterprise stage.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Tried with DB2 connector,
by giving $APT_RDBMS_COMMIT_ROWS = -1 or 0;
Record Count = 0;

But its not working. :(
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

If you want to commit after all rows are inserted/updated then I think the commit count should be zero instead of -1.

I'm not going to be much help with the DB2 Enterprise stage.

When you tried with the DB2 Connector stage, what detailed errors did it give you?

Are you able to test the connection OK? View Data OK?

Give more details.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This has nothing whatsoever to do with DB2.

Read the error message carefully - "no remote shell found". DataStage is unable to find or execute a remote shell command through which the conductor process can communicate with player or section leader processes on other nodes. In your particular case the rsh problem is that there is not enough space in which to execute. All this information is in the error message, if only you would read it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Thanks, Ray.

But the first error messages occured when I am using the Db2 Enterprise Stage. But the db2 data base is not partitioined in our Env , so we cannot use the Db2 Enterprise Stage.
So I am using Db2 Connector Stage now.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Hi QT_KY: Yes, the connection was successfull, even I am able to run other jobs which were loading data into tables. We dont have any issues with Db2 Connector. But what I am looking is, if job aborts due to any Unique index constraint, then, it should not commite the rows which it processed. But as of now, it was committing rows partially.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

You should be able to configure the DB2 Enterprise stage even if the database is not partitioned (not in the way you've tried so far), but why bother with that if the DB2 Connector stage is already having good connectivity.

By default, the DB2 Connector stage will commit every 2000 records. Maybe that is what you're running into here. Scroll down the stage properties to the Transaction section and change the Record count setting to 0 (zero). That should commit after the final row and not before.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Hi, I gave like this;
In Job Parameters Section : $APT_RDBMS_COMMIT_ROWS = 0

IN db2 Connector Stage --> Properties Tab --> Under Transaction Section : Record Count = 0;

My data set is having 225 records, on table unique index is defined. Now after processing 102 records, the job aborted due to duplicate entry. When I checked the data base, 102 records were loaded and commit.

But , this should not happen, if job aborts, it should not commit the 102 records. My table should be empty. This I am trying.

Please help.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I agree.. the table should be empty in that case.