No warning in status but warning in log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wahi80
Participant

No warning in status but warning in log

Post by wahi80 »

Hi,
I run my job, it works as expected, the director status shows "Finished", but when I look into the log I get one warning which is as follows

Code: Select all

Unable to Write JobName026.xml to OMD.XML.DIR
Any idea why this happens and how I could remove the above warning

Regards
Wah
Gazelle
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Gazelle »

My understanding after talking to Tech Support is:
- these xml files are written because of a Project setting: "Generate operational metadata".
- the xml files are stored under .../InformationServer/ASBNode/conf/etc/XmlFiles

In our case, the problem was caused by file permissions (the job was previously run by a userid that had a different primary group... nobody else had write permissions). So the fix was to ask the sysadmin to change the group ownership on those xml files.

I believe the problem could also be avoided by changing the Project setting to "share metadata when importing from connectors".
Novak
Participant

Post by Novak »

Old post, I know, but would just like to say that the same warning was removed immediately for us by doing what Gazelle suggested.
Deselecting "Generate operational metadata" only was our solution.

Also, I wonder how is it that this problem started happening all of a sudden without obvious reason? We had the metadata generated for this project for quite some time, and there were no complaints.

The /XmlFiles and its folders have got the full privileges for the owner.

Any ideas?
mamir_30
Participant

Post by mamir_30 »

Im my experience, whenever a patch is applied by the Admin. team, which changes the permissions on alot of directories causes this warning to pop up.

Usually chmod 775 command issues on XmlFiles directory took care of the warning.