Insert into AS400 using ODBC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

OYILMAZ
Participant

Insert into AS400 using ODBC

Post by OYILMAZ »

Hi All,
We are using 8.5.0.1 on AIX 6.1,
I have a problem while inserting Varchar Data to AS400 Side.
AS400 tables are available and opened joulnal preferences, Moreover, I could insert Data with dssh and DS_CONNECT command.

I set Isolation Level to 32 however it makes no sense.

My Job Design like this,

RowGen---->ODBC Connector and I pasted below the error Code, Hance column defined VARCHAR, I am sure.

--
ODBC_Connector_12: Schema reconciliation detected a type mismatch for field DM_BOOKMARK. When moving data from field type VARCHAR(min=0,max=1024) into BINARY(min=0,max=1024), data corruption can occur (CC_DBSchemaRules::reportTypeMismatch, file CC_DBSchemaRules.cpp, line 1,719)
--

Thanks for all ideas,
Oğuz.
Oguz YILMAZ
Information Management Consultant
Istanbul, Turkey
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I am not sure but I will throw out some ideas.

Try importing the ODBC table definition from the AS400 and check what data type it finds in that target column.

Maybe it is Binary or VarBinary; you may need to use the StringToRaw() function.

Everything on AS400 is DB2, so if you have DB2 on your 8.5.0.1 server, you could catalog the AS400 system as a remote DB2 node and a DB2 database. Then use the DB2 Connector stage.

I think it could be made to work using either ODBC or DB2 Connector stages.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius