Teradata Error: REQOVFLOW

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shravya346
Participant

Teradata Error: REQOVFLOW

Post by shravya346 »

When i am trying to load a table from oracle to teradata using IMMEDIATE as the access method then , i am getting the following error :

RDBMS code 350: CLI2: REQOVFLOW(350): Request size exceeds maximum.

how can i overcome this particular error .

Are there any changes that i need to do for the job , any env variables that need to be changed ...etc.
Prakash3366
Participant

Re: Teradata Error: REQOVFLOW

Post by Prakash3366 »

I got the same issue. Could you please let me know how it got resolved
PRAKASH S G
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

Prakash3366 wrote:I got the same issue. Could you please let me know how it got resolved
The array size * the bytes in the row you are processing exceeds the amount of buffer space in Teradata. Calculate your row size. Find your buffer size by asking your Teradata admin or if you are using the connector there is a field for maximum buffer size, if you click the button to find the buffer size to the right of the field it will get the correct buffer size from teradata. Divide the buffer size by the row size and that is your maximum array size.
Prakash3366
Participant

Post by Prakash3366 »

I am using Teradata connector stage. Array size i have mentioned like default 2000 and the Maximum buffer size assigned as "0" if i do right click it says default value as zero.

After loading 600000 rows job got aborted like no more room space, but the space is available in Database. One of source column has length of Varchar[25] but while loading into Teradata in director it is giving like , ITEM VARCHAR(75) if i give VARCHAR[75] it is coming as VARCHAR[225] in log.

Once again i have deleted full metadata and triggered the job. Still i am getting the same issue.
PRAKASH S G