DB2 Connector stage rejects

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2 Connector stage rejects

Post by hsahay »

I'm updating a DB2 table using DB2 Connector stage.
My stage has 1 input link. I want to capture records in to a sequential file.
I have followed this thread and I did not find any reject tab.
I see a broken link when I drag a output link from the stage and I know that means a reject link.
I don't see column definitins defined for the output file.
I have also enabled RCP for new links.
Please let me know, what I'm missing in this context. I'm using v8.5.
Any input is appreciated. I saw this resolved topic, but unable to find answer.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I think it's best for you to start a new topic and include a link back to this topic.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I agree... and done.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

This is not very obvious at first.... Open your DB2 Connector stage and look in the top left navigator. It should show one input link, the stage icon, and one reject link. Click on the reject link in the picture. It will highlight yellow and your tabs will change to Properties, Columns, Reject, Advanced. These are your reject link properties.

Likewise, you can click the stage to get stage properties and the input link to see those properties, which are the default set you're used to seeing already.

On the Columns tab, select the RCP option. Note: It does not show the metadata.

On the Reject tab, choose to reject on one ore more options (else you won't get rejects). Choose any other settings you want also.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

qt_ky wrote:This is not very obvious at first.... Open your DB2 Connector stage and look in the top left navigator. It should show one input link, the stage icon, and one reject link. Click on the reject link in the picture. It will highlight yellow and your tabs will change to Properties, Columns, Reject, Advanced. These are your reject link properties.

Likewise, you can click the stage to get stage properties and the input link to see those properties, which are the default set you're used to seeing already.

On the Columns tab, select the RCP option. Note: It does not show the metadata.

On the Reject tab, choose to reject on one ore more options (else you won't get rejects). Choose any other settings you want also.
Thanks qt_ky!!
As you said its not showing the metadata, but I was able to write rejects in to sequential file and dataset.
Problem is view data is not enaled in both cases.
In case of text file, I can view it in editor, but how do I see the rejects, if I want to write in to a dataset??

Thanks again!!
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

There are ways to view data from dataset.
use either dataset management option in designer or use orchadmin dump in command line.
pandeeswaran
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

You're welcome!

View data is disabled because there's no metadata defined. You can use the options Pandeesh mentioned. Data Set Management is also available from the Director Tools menu. It also has a button to view the schema.

You can create a second job with a Sequential File stage or a Data Set stage as a source stage, define the metadata there, and then view data.

Or you can output the DB2 rejects to a Peek stage and view the reject records, by default, in the job log.
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

qt_ky wrote:Data Set Management is also available from the Director Tools menu.
I am able to see in Designer tools menu also.
pandeeswaran
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Yes Pandeesh, you mentioned that once before. Designer is not the only client you can use to access Data Set Management...