Warning Message--help me

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

e1994264
Premium Member
Premium Member

Warning Message--help me

Post by e1994264 »

When binding output interface field "CLAIM_ID" to field "CLAIM_ID": Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
a fatal runtime error could occur; use the modify operator to
specify a value to which the null should be converted.

Hi i have Source comming from dataset having column CLAIM_ID which is NUllable and datatyoe decimal. But while populationg to target dataset . It should be not nullable column.

Please can you help me out in this . In between sorce and target i have a transormation. In transformation i used ISNOTNULL(CLAIM_ID) in constraint part to avoid the null values. but still i get warning message
soumya5891
Participant

Re: Warning Message--help me

Post by soumya5891 »

What is the target datatype for CLAIM_ID.This also need to convert from Nullable to not nullable
Soumya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use NullToValue() function to provide a value that indicates that the source was null, perhaps -999999.99 (or any value that will never occur in your real data).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

In Source the column is marked as "Nullable" and in target it is "Not Null" that is why the job is throwing a warning message. I think you need not to worry as long as you have correct values in the above column in source. And if Null is there then apply the logic as told by Ray.
Or if you are very sure that you will not get a null value from the source then mark the column as Not Null in the source itself.
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
e1994264
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by e1994264 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Use NullToValue() function to provide a value that indicates that the source was null, perhaps -999999.99 (or any value that will never occur in your real data).
Hi Ray,
Thanks for the reply
Just i have one question where should i use the function NullToValue().
e1994264
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by e1994264 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Use NullToValue() function to provide a value that indicates that the source was null, perhaps -999999.99 (or any value that will never occur in your real data).
Hi Ray,
I used NullToValue(to_xfm_Map.CLAIM_ID,-9999) finction in transforamation stage at column Derivation Part still i get error ,message as same as below:

"oin_178: When checking operator: When binding output schema variable "leftRec": When binding output interface field "CLAIM_ID" to field "CLAIM_ID": Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
a fatal runtime error could occur; use the modify operator to
specify a value to which the null should be converted."
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

What is the nullability of CLAIM_ID on the output of the transformer? It should be non-nullable

Try creating a stage variable to hold the value of CLAIM_ID, using the NullToValue() derivation. Then use the stage variable in the derivation of the non-nullable output column CLAIM_ID.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Found a duplicate post here: viewtopic.php?t=143951
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius