Dataset Delete script

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mandy23
Participant

Dataset Delete script

Post by Mandy23 »

Hi,

I have been looking for a way to cleanup Datasets created by DataStage.I have found ORCHADMIN but scenario is different.

My Jobs overwrite DataSet (*.ds) files for each run. But the files in Dataset path in the config file some times do not get deleted. If we use ORCHADMIN to delete it deletes the current dataset file. But i wanted to delete old & unnecessary files from actual dataset path for which the DataSet descriptor file is not present.

Any suggestions on this are welcome.
Mandy
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

If there are an orphan data files whose descriptor files are missing and you wish to delete the orphaned data files then go for naming convention which says the first part of the data files is the actual dataset name so try locating the dataset descriptor file from the data files if not present then delete the data files

Beware that though the above is a documented fact there is a chance that IBM can change the naming convention in the future releases
- Zulfi
Mandy23
Participant

Post by Mandy23 »

Thanks Zulfi.
Mandy