Enterprise stage and Connector stage in Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Suruchi
Participant

Enterprise stage and Connector stage in Datastage

Post by Suruchi »

Hi can anyone help me with the performance comparison of Enterprise DB stages and the connector stages? How do we decide upon the particular stage?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome.

Performance is such a relative term that I don't believe you'll be able to get any generic answers to your question. More important, in my humble opinion, is the fact that Connectors are what IBM wants you to exclusively use and all other stages are 'deprecated' if you check the documentation.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Exactly. Connector stages are recommended going forward. Migrating from the older stage types to Connector stages is encouraged. That's why they included a Connector Migration Tool. The tools is referenced in the various connectivity guides (PDF files) installed on your client.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
Suruchi
Participant

Post by Suruchi »

Glad to see your answers. Where can i find the details of the backend changes made by IBM to bring in the connector stage?

My another query is in Datastage 8 we have ODBC enterprise as well as ODBC connector stage. how do we decide upon the selection of the stage?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We're informed that you would choose ODBC Connector, because IBM wants you to prefer Connector technology going forward.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Suruchi
Participant

Post by Suruchi »

Thanks Ray. Where can i find the performance comparison of both the stages? Enterprise vs connector.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

You can easily compare the performance yourself.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius