Oracle Connectivity Issue-PATH search failure pxbridge error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ashishm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Connectivity Issue-PATH search failure pxbridge error

Post by ashishm »

Hi ,

I am trying to connect my DSServer to a remote Oracle DB Server in our LAN using the OracleConnector Stage in a parallel job. I am reading the a set of values from an Oracle Table and writing it to a DataSet file. I am able to read the values from the Oracle Table in the OracleConnector Stage, which means connectivity is Ok between the DSServer and OracleServer. The Job got compiled successfully but the problem is when running the job i see the following error always:

main_program: PATH Search Failure:
main_program: Error loading "pxbridge": Could not load "pxbridge": /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/lib/libdsplugin.so: undefined symbol: sl_tem.
main_program: Could not locate operator definition.wrapper, or Unix command for "pxbridge"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers

I have successfully followed the steps mentioned in the link: https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview ... wg21441386 but still see the same error

I also have verified that all the lib paths are present in LD_LIBRARY_PATH,PATH and LIBPATH variables and are also set in the dsenv file.

Also verified for
dtstage pxbridge 1
pxbridge pxbridge 1
pxbridgepart pxbridge 1
in the operator.opt file but still see the same issue.

Strangely I am able to run the same process in a ServerJob successfully. I am running DS v8.1 with fixpack2.

Someone Please help or kindly advise on this issue.[/b]
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I ran into very similar errors with all connector stages after fixing a different issue with support. It turned out that the fix broke some of the library files (got them out of sync), and to fix the fix, I had to reapply a few patches on the 8.5 server. We had previously installed some server patches related to connectors and one I reapplied those patches, using the -force option on the installer, then no more pxbridge or lib file errors.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius