Query reg. Lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Query reg. Lookup

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

Hi,
Is there any limitation on the number of reference inputs??
Like, in one of my job I am having 1 Src and then a lookup with 26 reference inputs. When I add one more link for another reference input, the job gets abort. So is the issue with the lookup or the new reference data ??
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

The reason of job getting may be different than the new link. What is the error you are getting?

Also after adding 27th Ref link, try removing existing 1/2 ref linked. This way you still with 26 ref. If the job runs fine with the new ref link and with 26 only, then may be limitation of ref links.

But if it fails, then issue would be with lookup. e.g. lookup condition for 27th may be "Fail" and it is not finding the lookup key.
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

The error is

Code: Select all

DB2 function SQLFetch failed:  SQLSTATE = HY000: Native Error Code = -1,042: Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664] SQL1042C  An unexpected system error occurred.  SQLSTATE=58004 (CC_DB2Connection::queryServerHostName, file CC_DB2Connection.cpp, line 3,461)
Also when I am using that 27th Reference data alone, the job successfully completes but when I run the job with 27 reference inputs it fails.
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
kmsekhar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kmsekhar »

It seems to be issue is not related to lookup reference's.. we can pass N no of reference's...

Possible error might be in DB2 database end.. Check any of the reference table having problem. May the table is unavailable for any reason......[/img]
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Yes, with that error, you should not be able to query that particular table or run a separate lookup job with that table as the only reference link. The table could be locked from a failed load job or unknown reason. Get the DBA to fix the error, then your job should work.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius