Mutiple Links to Parallel Transformer stage -- SHOCKED ???

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datisaq
Participant

Mutiple Links to Parallel Transformer stage -- SHOCKED ???

Post by datisaq »

I am in a production support cum enhancment project where i came across few datastage(version 7.5) PARALLEL jobs which is having multiple links to the transformer stage.

I can add multiple reference links to the transformer stage which is very strange which i found. I thought its the BASIC tranformer stage but no its a Parallel tranformer stage where i can add refernce links to it.
This is contradicting the tranformer stage definition of the book.
Please suggest me... Is this can be possible.???

When i am trying for a new datastage job/new tranformer stage its not supporting it. So how this has supported the developer who has created this datastage job?? Please help me...
IBM Certified - Information Server 8.1
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My guess is that it's a bug in your version of 7.5 that the developer has relied on. How are the multiple inputs manipulated within the stage? How did you ascertain that it's a Parallel Transformer stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
datisaq
Participant

Post by datisaq »

The multiple links are used as Source & Reference as in lookup stage or (transformer stage in Server Job).

I have checked few things :-
1) the execution mode of the stage which is parallel
2) I can see the parallel routines from the transformer stage
3) I didn't see the EREPLACE function in the transformer stage(Which should be present if it's BASIC transformer)

So by noticing all this things i came to the conclusion that it's PARALLEL transformer.

But when i am dragging the transformer from the pallette to the canvas i cannot able to add multiple links to it... this is really i didn't understand !!!
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Can you copy and paste the stage into another job and add more links into that copy?

I've seen perhaps some similarly strange things on a Unix server that had been migrated from Windows, like Windows-only stage types available on the Unix server. Is there anything unusual in the upgrade history of your server?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's in the title bar of the stage when the stage with multiple input links is open?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
datisaq
Participant

Post by datisaq »

In the same job i cannot able to add any more extra links to the transforner stage... and i have copied that stage and pasted in another new job still i cannot able to add any links to it... which is veru weird...

And Ray, the transformer stage name has been renamed...
so on the title bar it's given as :-
"stage_name - transformer stage"

This job is in production and running smoothly still without any issues..