data reading problem in .csv format

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sush26283
Participant

data reading problem in .csv format

Post by sush26283 »

am trying to write data in a sequential file in .csv format to read the full data in an excell file...when i run the job, it completes successfully but when i open up the excel file, all i see is the columns and no data. can anyone please tell me where am going wrong.

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Put a reject link onto the Sequential File stage that is writing the file. Capture that in a Peek stage. It may be useful in a diagnostic sense.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sush26283
Participant

Post by sush26283 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Put a reject link onto the Sequential File stage that is writing the file. Capture that in a Peek stage. It may be useful in a diagnostic sense. ...
i just did that and all the data routed out of the sequential file and got rejected. i dont understand what could be wrong over here...
sush26283
Participant

Post by sush26283 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Put a reject link onto the Sequential File stage that is writing the file. Capture that in a Peek stage. It may be useful in a diagnostic sense. ...
when i do the view data in sequestial file it gives me the following error..

##E IIS-DSEE-TFOR-00089 15:13:03(000) <_ABORT_IDENT_,0> The runLocally() of the operator failed.
##E IIS-DSEE-TFPM-00040 15:13:03(002) <_ABORT_IDENT_,0> Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally() did not return APT_StatusOk
##E IIS-DSEE-TFPM-00192 15:13:09(000) <node_node1> Player 4 terminated unexpectedly.
##E IIS-DSEE-TFPM-00339 15:13:09(000) <main_program> APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 4 - Unexpected termination by Unix signal 6(SIGABRT).
##E IIS-DSEE-TFSC-00011 15:13:14(000) <main_program> Step execution finished with status = FAILED.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Some time handling Sequential file is tricky. Before use the file, ensure the data and delimiter.

Cross check whether you selected the proper delimiter, end delimeter, quote in the Sequential file stage.

if you have issues in the file & the file is big, then take just few row and try to view it.

If you can, then try to view the whole file.

If you have date / timestamp make it as varchar.

As per you reply, cant you read the reject file or source file?

DS User
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I did not ask you to try to view the data in the Sequential File. What do you get in the Peek entries in the log?

Are there any warnings in the job log?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.