Unable to open sequential file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vskr72
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to open sequential file

Post by vskr72 »

I am trying to load data from one CSV file to another CSV file. Its a simple job. I created the target file using the touch command so a zero byte fiel exists in the target folder. Validation is OK. When I run the job, it says the following for the target file:

Code: Select all

Target,0: Unable to open /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Projects/dev/target/test1.csv: Permission denied.
IS there anything that I am missign here.

Kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You may lack write privilege for the "target" directory if "test.csv" does not exist, or to "test.csv" if it does exist.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Try it without touching the new target file first. if you're running a default setup then your persoanl unix ID is probably not the same ID that the job executes under, which may be dsadm. If the touch command worked then check the file permissions. You may need to use the chmod command to correct them. Default permissions can be wrong. If so then you can add a better setting with a umask command in your .profile file.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius