Lookup Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venkatvelpula
Participant

Lookup Stage

Post by venkatvelpula »

As we know lookup stage can handle multiple reference files in one stage.

I need to confirm the following,

- Same table with different source columns and with the same reference columns matching, Can I use one lookup stage to populate different output fileds using the one key field from the reference?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
venkatvelpula
Participant

Post by venkatvelpula »

That means, I have to use copy stage to expose that one reference file into mutiple files and then able to pull the required fields to the output. Right?

Also, How does it work with AND condition and OR condition? Like, we have in server,
If I have mutiple reference links on one lookupstage, I have to determine what's found and what's not found..and then use logical operators to determine which one should go to output.
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

Yes...copy stage or transformer.

You can:
a) Perform all of the lookups in one stage (or separate stages) then use a transformer afterwards to choose between the three results.
b) Perform each lookup individually, passing rejects to the next lookup and funnel the results back together at the end

There is no OR construct in a parallel lookup stage.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.