two flow job with 2 lookups job running long time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gnan_gun
Participant

two flow job with 2 lookups job running long time

Post by gnan_gun »

Hi,

I have a requirement. Based on the input column value, I need to insert one record as a two records with different values in other respective columns by getting from lookup tables. My job flow is like below

Code: Select all

Oracle1--->Transformer1---------->Lookup1-----------------> Transformer2----- 
                |                  ^ ^ ^                                     | 
                |                  | | |                                     | 
                | Oracle2----->Filter1 Filter2<-----Oracle3                Funnel---->dataset 
                |                | | | |                                     | 
                |                v v v v                                     | 
                |--------------->Lookup2-----------------> Transformer3------
This job is running for long time, and not finishing. After I dividing this job to 2 jobs as Oracle1, Traansformer1,lookup1, transformer2,dataset as a one job. and other job as oracle1, transformer1, Lookup2, Transformer3, dataset with same lookup in 1, 2 nd jobs. These job are running fine. But actual flow as shown above is not working. Please give me the suggestions to do this job in single job.
gnan_gun
Participant

Re: two flow job with 2 lookups job running long time

Post by gnan_gun »

In Transformer1 I splitted data into to two links as per the condition. and Now I need to do lookup on same tables ie.,Oracle2 and Oracle3 but different conditions to the two links after that I am doing some validations in Transformer2 and transformer3 with Lookup values. and then funneling those two and inserting into dataset.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:idea: I added the code tags you were missing around your lovely ASCII art, see how much better that looks? Without them the forum software removes all whitespace from your posting and it would go back to looking like this:

Oracle1--->Transformer1---------->Lookup1-----------------> Transformer2-----
| ^ ^ ^ |
| | | | |
| Oracle2----->Filter1 Filter2<-----Oracle3 Funnel---->dataset
| | | | | |
| v v v v |
|--------------->Lookup2-----------------> Transformer3------
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers