ODBC Enterprise cannot able to read "Date" datatyp

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yogiravi
Participant

ODBC Enterprise cannot able to read "Date" datatyp

Post by yogiravi »

I am using DataStage 8.1 on Windows.

In my job I am retriving data from DataBase. In the database I have SCV_DOB field (Datatype: Date & Nullable : Yes).
While retriving data from the table I am getting the following error :-

" Error when checking operator: When binding output interface field "SCV_DOB" to field "SCV_DOB": No default type conversion from type "timestamp" to type "date". "

After getting this error I changed the datatype of SCV_DOB column to "Timestamp" then I inserted Transformer to convert SCV_DOB from timestamp to Date and its working fine.

I am not getting this issue. If datatype of SCV_DOB is Date in DataBase and I am Using Date datatype in DataStage (as DataStage provides us Date Datatype to use for jobs) then for what reason I am getting mentioned error?

Please help me as I am new to DataStage.

:(
Regards,
YogiRavi
suse_dk
Participant

Post by suse_dk »

Which stage/connector are you using? ...and from which database are you trying to extract data from?

Post by yogiravi »

suse_dk wrote:Which stage/connector are you using? ...and from which database are you trying to extract data from?

I am using ODBC Enterprise stage and extracting data from ORACLE database.
Regards,
YogiRavi
deeplind07
Participant

Re: ODBC Enterprise cannot able to read "Date" dat

Post by deeplind07 »

which stage are you using..if you were using copy stage, this implicit conversion cannot take place in copy stage
After replacing with tranformer you need not write the timestamp to date functionas as this implicit conversion is handled by transformer
yogiravi
Participant

Re: ODBC Enterprise cannot able to read "Date" dat

Post by yogiravi »

(pls see my reply in which i have mentioned that I am using ODBC Enterprise stage.)

Why should we use Transformer for this? If in my database the datatype is date and in ODBC enterprise stage i am selecting "date" datatype for mentioned field then for what reason i got the error?
Regards,
YogiRavi
suse_dk
Participant

Post by suse_dk »

The mapping for the DATE type from Oracle is described to be timestamp in the connectivity guide from Oracle (Oracle Enterprise stage)

Just guessing that it might be the same when using the ODBC Enterprise stage.