delimiters in file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bhargav_dd
Premium Member
Premium Member

delimiters in file

Post by bhargav_dd »

hi all,

i got stuck up with one requirement

i am getting a pipe delimited file
and in that i am getting records with pipe like this
abc|xyz|1|
how can we handle this in datastage?

appreciate ur response
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: delimiters in file

Post by ray.wurlod »

bhargav_dd wrote:appreciate ur response
Ur...

:lol:
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Specify | as the field delimiter.

You have four fields. If you only really have three, specify | as the final delimiter too.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ur was a city in ancient Babylonia.

The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "your", not "ur".

Please strive to maintain a professional standard of written English on DSXchange, not least because it helps those whose first language is not English.

Also strive to be professional because use of SMS-style abbreviations in other than an SMS environment irks (urks?) me.
bhargav_dd
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bhargav_dd »

ray.wurlod wrote:Ur was a city in ancient Babylonia.

The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "your", not "ur".

Please strive to maintain a professional standard of written English on DSXchange, not least because it helps those whose first language is not English.

Also strive to be professional because use of SMS-style abbreviations in other than an SMS environment irks (urks?) me.
dont look small things in microscopic view and if you know the answer tell dont bother about pronounciations
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you exceed my post count I will be happy to consider your opinions about my professionalism.

You did not even acknowledge that I did provide an answer.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

A coin is always have two sides. You are looking into your side and consider the other side. Yes it is a small thing, still you can follow the professional approach.

Hence you are in the forum from 2009, you might noticed these type of comments by Ray, good number of times, but still you did the same thing!!

I know when someone is expecting something and not getting it in that time will create forestation, but that doesn't mean that your expression is correct.

Always try to learn (Its included me too) good things from others.

DS User
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

bhargav_dd, what Ray has said about your English is 100% correct. If you write SMS type English, it becomes very difficult to read especially when people are going through a lot of posts to search a solution.

He gave you an answer right away which probably would have cost you several hundred dollars to get from a support provider.

He made this site an enormously rich resource for Datastage developers and contributed to the careers of thousands of them.
prakashdasika
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prakashdasika »

Well, all of us participating in the forum want to be/are already professionals. There is no harm to set some standards while communicating. :wink:
Prakash Dasika
ETL Consultant
Sydney
Australia