Need help on scenario

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

james_b
Participant

Need help on scenario

Post by james_b »

Hi,

I want to make a simple job, I have Seq. file which has 10 records...Then I want to use Transformer stage and at the end o/p as another Seq file....

My requirement is Say I have :

as inpur records in seq file....

using transformer I need to replicate it 10 times in o/p......

so above records shousld come 10 times....but again i dont want to take out 10 outputs from transformer and then funnel it....

please guide me with some different logic....
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

You don't specify which version of DataStage you are using. For v8.5 and above, the looping capability of the Transformer is perfect for this. The Parallel Job Developer's Guide includes an example of just how to do this.

For versions 8.1 and below, either the option you wish to avoid (multiple output links and a funnel), a BuildOp or External Source/External Filter or maybe External Target would be the easiest methods. A short awk script called by External Source or External Filter could handle it.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

Produce a cartesian product against input from a row-generator. Set the number of rows produced from the row-generator to any number of copies you like.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
udayk_2007
Participant

Post by udayk_2007 »

you can use a copy stage to copy it to 10 different links and then put a funnel stage to combine them
deeplind07
Participant

Post by deeplind07 »

you can also use a start loop and end loop stage and loop through your job 10 times