Unrecognized argument: &

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kavuri »

Hi,
I am trying to connect to SQL Server. I am getting the following error when I run the job.

But if I view data, all the arguments are working fine. I am using ODBC stage for Database connection.

I appreciate any idea.

Have a great day!
Thanks
Bhargava
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Unrecognized argument: &

Post by kavuri »

Got it,
The issue with the password containing "&" symbol within it. Unix treats this as a command. So we requested our DBA team to change the password and everything works fine now.

Have a great day!
Thanks
Bhargava
cgi_bi
Premium Member
Premium Member

An hint

Post by cgi_bi »

DS PX 7.1, AIX, DB2

I had that issue with a DB2 Entreprise Stage password parameter. I discover that it was my Copy/Paste (mean use Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V) that it didn't works. When I wrote manually the password it work fine
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The DataStage manuals specifically alert you to the fact that "&" and "#" characters require special handling.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

i believe the passwords having special characters such as "%","-" , should be enclosed within double quotes.,"passw&o%r-d"
pandeeswaran