NZLoad Log Files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

diamondabhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

NZLoad Log Files

Post by diamondabhi »

I have to process the error log files created by netezza load and reprocess them. Did anybody do this before? I would like to know the best way to automate the whole process of reading the log files and passing the table definitions and loading it back with default values. ANy insight in this direction would be great.

Thanks,
Abhishek.
Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

First question (from a non-Netezza person): are the NZLoad log files in text format or in some binary format? Second question: if they are in text format, is there any consistency to the layout of lines - that is, other than treating the line as a single VARCHAR, is there any metadata you could apply to make processing of the file easier to manage in a DataStage job?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
diamondabhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by diamondabhi »

Ray,
Thes are .csv files without metadata. The file name will contain the table name and we plan to use schema files to define metadata.

Thanks,
Abhishek.
Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied.