Oracle Connector stage is not working in my job.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Madhu1981
Participant

Oracle Connector stage is not working in my job.

Post by Madhu1981 »

Hello All,

I recently installed the Datstage 8.5 Server on UNIX platform (Sun Solaris Operating system).

When i try to run the job with Oracle Connector stage, i am getting the below error. Even when i try to view the data i am getting this error.

Error

Oracle_Connector_0: The connector could not establish connection to Oracle server UATDWTGT. Method: OCISessionBegin:OCI_CRED_RDBMS, Error code: 1017, Error message ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied. (CC_OraConnection::verifyConnection, file CC_OraConnection.cpp, line 3711)

As error says, it is not the username/password issue. When i use the oracle enterprise stage, i am not getting this issue and able to view the data and run my jobs.

I am getting this error only when i use Oracle connector stage.

I verified my dsenv parameters and i have given everything as mentioned in the document.

Here are the dsnev parameters:

ORACLE_HOME=/u01/oracle/11g/product/11202
ORACLE_BIN=$ORACLE_HOME/bin
export ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_BIN
NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1

PATH=$PATH:$APT_ORCHHOME/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
export PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/bin:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:`dirname $DSHOME`/PXEn
gine/lib:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9/server:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9:$ASBHOME/lib/cpp:$ASBHOME/apps/proxy/cpp/sunos-all-sparc_64:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$LD_LIBR
ARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Kindly let me know if i am missing anything.

Thanks
Madhu
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

If not done so far, can you try giving values directly in the connection parameters of the stage instead of passing parameters. and let us know the results.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
Madhu1981
Participant

Post by Madhu1981 »

Hey Priyadarshil,

I am about to post my comment. I did the same, i passed the values instead of parameters and it is working fine.

How to overcome this issue?
I can not use the hard coded values. I have to use the parameters.

If you have information or solution, kindly pass it to me.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Madhu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could start by explaining what "not working" means in this case and any error messages that are getting. You might also advise whether you're using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system because that, too, will make a difference.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Madhu1981
Participant

Post by Madhu1981 »

Hello Ray,

The operating system is 64 bit and the error is

Error

Oracle_Connector_0: The connector could not establish connection to Oracle server UATDWTGT. Method: OCISessionBegin:OCI_CRED_RDBMS, Error code: 1017, Error message ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied. (CC_OraConnection::verifyConnection, file CC_OraConnection.cpp, line 3711)

When i give the values in the Oracle Connector for USER, PASSWORD and SERVER then i am able to view the data and my job is running but when i declare the parameters and pass the parameters, i am getting the above error.

Nothing is ringing up... you have any idea??

Thanks
Madhu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

HOW are you "declaring" the parameters? In particular are you using the "add job parameter" tool to the right of the field in question?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Madhu1981
Participant

Post by Madhu1981 »

Ray,

I just noticed one strange issue, If I create the parameters at Job level and then if I pass them to Oracle connector stage, it is working.
But if i define the parameters at Project level and then pass the environmental variables to Oracle Connector stage, then i am getting the error.

Thanks
Madhu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Pass them HOW? For example are they contained in sharp signs (#)?
Madhu1981
Participant

Post by Madhu1981 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Pass them HOW? For example are they contained in sharp signs (#)? ...
The parameters are contained as "$#" (Environmental Variable).

I am going to Job Properties and added the Environmental variable by clicking "Add Environmental Variable".

Then I go to Oracle Connector stage and assigned the environmental variable.

Thanks
madhu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The $ needs to be inside the sharp signs, for example #$ORA_USER#.

But the mechanism also requires that you pass them through job parameters - you can not use project-defined environment variables where a job parameter is expected.
pnpmarques
Participant

bad parameter value

Post by pnpmarques »

Hello, I just had the same error message and searched it in dsxchange, since there was no solution I went on my own.
Found out that the problem was related to the value on the password parameter.
Solution was as simples as pasting the value again in environment variable!