Change capture stage producing conflicting output

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

adasgupta123
Participant

Change capture stage producing conflicting output

Post by adasgupta123 »

Hi ,

I have a job where there are two input datasets which act as before and after dataset for a change capture stage.Output of the change capture stage is stored in a dataset.The two input links of change capture stage are sorted and hash partitioned on the key column.

The job is part of a sequence.The input datasets of the job is produced by two predecessor jobs called from the same sequence.When I am running the job through that sequence multiple times.in the job monitor the output link of the change capture stage is showing different counts in different runs,though the input records remains the same.
When I am running the same the job multiple times directly(not calling from sequence)the output record count is always the same for the change capture stage.

Can you please explain why the out put record count of the change capture stage is different for different runs when the job is called from sequence?

Thanks and Regards

Avik Dasgupta
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Change capture stage producing conflicting output

Post by BI-RMA »

Hi Avik,

Are you sure that running through your sequence does not change the data selected in the two jobs predecessing your CDC-job?
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
Pravenai
Participant

Re: Change capture stage producing conflicting output

Post by Pravenai »

Hi,

Please check if you are getting duplicates on the key columns. This behaviour of change capture stage is often observed when we get duplicates in the two source inputs.

Regards,
Praveen
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: Guys, please stop quoting everything you are replying to. If you need to do it to make your point, that's fine, but don't just click on Reply with quote out of habit or because you think it's the only option. Use the Reply to topic link instead and save me the work of constantly having to clean up after you... which I'll do later.
Last edited by chulett on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

Sorry craig,

Maybe I missed something in my browser, but I can't see that link...

(cleared the quote manually here)
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's also at the top of the page (at least in Internet Explorer).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.