DataSet Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

_chamak
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataSet Issue

Post by _chamak »

Hi,
I am facing one issue with Dataset.
I have a job which reads from DB2 table and loads to a Dataset and the second job uses that dataset as a lookup and loads into a file.

When these jobs run through a sequencer, the first jobs runs with no issues and the second job aborts with the below error.

DS_RSRV_PRFL,1: Fatal Error: I/O subsystem: Open of /gen_sit/dspara/node2/RET_PMTHdsArRsrvPrfl.ds.exgensi.awspmab00001s01.0000.0001.0000.1d9005a.d04cd374.0001.3dbcfa44 failed: No such file or directory

If I run the jobs individually with the same parameters that I used in the sequencer then both the jobs ran fine.

The dataset was deleted before running through sequencer and the deletion was succesfull using ochadmin command.

There was a lot of space available for the dataset to create.

Can someone help me in finding the issue.

Thanks,
-Thanks
Chamak
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

This may not be a space issue. More likely it is a "number of files per process" issue. Depending on your O/S it may be set by ulimit or maxfiles. Check the installation and Configuration Guide for your O/S to see what it should be set to and how!
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
_chamak
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by _chamak »

Hi asorrel,

Thank you for your reply,

We are running with 2 node configuration. I am getting the error in both the nodes node1 and node2. I pasted the node2 error and similarly i am getting the same error for node1 also.

We have 75 jobs with 75 different datasets. We are having issue with only one dataset.
So i was woondering what could be the issue.

Thanks,
-Thanks
Chamak
_chamak
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by _chamak »

Hi,

The issue is resolved. There is one more job which is overwriting this dataset when running through sequencer. The other job is also in the same sequencer which is running parallely. So thats why when we are running it individually its running fine.

Thanks for your help.
-Thanks
Chamak